Welcome to a brand new year! I hope that your Christmas was safe and refreshing. I’m excited to be back, and I hope the students are too!
The spelling words for this week are: three, ride, this, part, many. The star word this week is: bells. The try-it at home this week: while eating your breakfast cereal, try finding the spelling words on the box – like a cereal treasure hunt.
There are notices coming home today about Friday’s comfy day – if you need any more information, please feel free to contact me.
The school phys. Ed. Skating program will be starting this month. Grade ones will be going to the arena from January 19 – 29, except for Fridays and Jan. 28, which will be a PD day (no school for students). Students are encouraged to bring their own pair of ice skates and warm winter wear (we do have a few pairs of skates to share). This year students will not be permitted to participate without a helmet. Our scheduled time is from 2:30 – 3:00, however, we will probably make our way to the arena following the afternoon recess, to allow for time to get into skates and tie laces. If you are interested in volunteering some time to come help out, you are welcome. Just let me know.
Friday lunch this week is pizza. I will send the forms home tomorrow – please have them back by Wednesday morning if you want to order.
January book orders are coming home today. If you are interested in ordering anything, please have them back to the school by January 20, 2009.
I would like to send a quick thank you to all those parents involved in the Christmas party and the Christmas concert – they were both well done!
Hope you have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment